Oral surgery includes surgical treatment of dental, jaw, oral mucosa or sinus pathologies. With the help of contemporary technology and modern treatment methods, oral surgery procedures may be accurate, fast, comfortable for patients and painless. When planning surgery, MOK clinic doctors use a digital dental X-ray machine to accurately diagnose dental and surrounding tissue disorders.
Tooth extraction may be necessary for a variety of reasons: irreversibly damaged tooth, dental trauma, orthodontic treatment, irregularly erupted or decayed wisdom teeth. First of all, a surgeon discusses with the patient the course of the procedure and the postoperative period, answering any questions that may arise. After evaluating the situation in the mouth and X-ray images (configuration of roots, condition of surrounding jaw bone), tooth extraction is planned. Procedure is performed under local anesthesia, so the patient does not feel any pain. After extraction, pain and swelling often occur, usually lasting 3-4 days. The postoperative discomfort can be reduced by cooling the surgical site and taking painkillers.
Important information after tooth extraction
- Cool Your cheek at the surgical site for 15-20 minutes with 20 minute breaks, 3-4 times
- Gums heal completely after 3-4 weeks
- Avoid hot, hard food for the first day after tooth extraction
- Chew on the opposite side of Your mouth
- Brush your teeth using a soft toothbrush without toothpaste for 24 hours after the surgery, after that – come back to habitual dental hygiene
- If antibiotics are prescribed, use them as directed by Your doctor